Setting the Tone of Excellence
HSMA believes excellence should be recognized. That is why the HSMA launched the Virtus Awards in 2015 in collaboration with industry stakeholders. The ground-breaking, multi-category competition offers a unique platform among hotel sales and marketing professionals in the country to tell their stories of excellence and success that resonate well beyond the hotels and resorts industry. It acknowledges customer and business-focused strategies as well as innovative and creative programs that bring about measurable results and return on investments to their properties. The Virtus Awards is designed to shift paradigms in hospitality excellence.
5th Virtus Awards
1. For All Award Categories
1.1. The Nominator should come from an HSMA member-property to ensure familiarity with the performance being cited as well as have the authority to release and share information as stipulated in the Declaration statement.
1.2 HSMA membership dues should be up-to-date for the calendar year 2019.
2. For the Individual Award Categories
2.1. Regular employees who have served in the HSMA member-property for at least one year, including the covered competition period of 01 April 2018 to 30 March 2019.
2.2. Nominees should have no past and/or pending administrative or criminal case.
2.3. Consultants, project employees and others whose engagement with the HSMA member-property is temporary in nature are not qualified.
Regular employees of an HSMA member-property who provide direct/indirect sales and marketing support to secure and/or implement business revenue streams.
Examples of positions that fall under this category may include, but are not limited to, the following – Sales Coordinator, Sales Executive, Marketing Officer, Events Coordinator, Events and Catering Assistant, PR Associate/PR Assistant, E-Commerce Executive, Sales Secretary, Executive/Administrative Assistant, and Reservations Agent.
Regular employees of an HSMA member-property who directly/indirectly deliver any one or more of the sales and marketing components to secure and/or implement business revenue streams.
Examples of positions that fall under this category may include, but are not limited to, the following – Assistant Director of Sales, Senior Sales Manager/Sales Manager, Assistant Director of Events Management, Meetings and Events Manager, Banquet Manager, PR/Marketing Communications Manager, Reservations Manager/Assistant Manager, Revenue Manager, E-Commerce Manager, Director of Catering, Director of Events Management, and Director of PR and Advertising.
Regular employees of an HSMA member-property who lead and orchestrate at least two or more activities/functions that directly/indirectly define, or shape, the sales and marketing strategy to secure and/or implement business revenue streams.
Examples of positions that fall under this category may include, but are not limited to, the following – Director of Marketing, Director of Sales and Marketing, and others with limited position titles but whose scope of work meet the aforementioned definition.
The campaign should be built on a single, unified theme and should use at least two different types of media.
Important: The category of each submission may be subject to change during the screening phase. HSMA reserves the right to re-classify an entry to a higher or lower category based on its appreciation of the accomplishment/achievement being cited and the position of the Nominee. For clarifications, please get in touch with the Virtus Awards Secretariat.
ENTRY FEE AND DEADLINE
1. Completed entries will not move to the Screening Phase until payment of entry fee is received.
2. Entry fee is PhP3,000 per entry.
3. Payment of entry fee can be made through bank deposit to:
Organization of Hotel Sales & Marketing Professionals, Inc.
Current Account No. 004598013322
Banco de Oro, Boni Ligaya Branch
4. Please scan a copy of the transaction receipt with the name of the Nominee/s indicated and send through e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Deadline for submission of Nomination Forms and payment of entry fee is on 23 August 2019.
The following file types will be allowed for the submission of entries. Minimum creative file requirement for all competition categories is one (1) upload or link.
|Links and URLs||links need to remain active until 31 October 2019|
|Graphics||PDF, GIF, JPEG/JPG file formats with maximum file size of 5MB|
|Video||MPEG/MPG, WMV, MOV file formats with maximum file size of 5MB|
|Audio||AVI, WMG, WAV, MP4, AIFF file formats with maximum file size of 5MB|
1. Prepare your information and data prior to filling up the Nomination Form. Separate and specific Nomination Forms are available for each category. Instructions are provided in each form. You may download a pdf copy of the Nomination Forms here for your reference.
2. Entries may be submitted in hard copy format or online.
3. Supporting materials may be uploaded in a variety of electronic formats. Please review file format and size requirements to avoid entry problems.
4. For submission online:
4.1 Read all instructions carefully before filling up the form. All required fields must be filled-up.
4.2 Note the limitations on characters, spaces included, in your answers.
4.3 It may be advisable to pre-compose your answers to best respond to the information required, yet within the specified character-input limits.
4.4 Save your data regularly.
4.5 Prepare photo/media files for uploading to the system.
4.6 Review the accuracy of data inputted before submitting. Once you have submitted your form, changes to the inputted data will no longer be allowed.
5. Please read the Declaration statement carefully before signing. Any willful misrepresentation will be ground for disqualification.
6. Submit online form with proof of payment no later than 11:59 p.m. of 31 July 2019 (Philippine time). Hard copy submission with proof of payment should be sent before the close of office hours on the same deadline date.
7. An Acknowledgment message will be sent to the e-mail address of both the Nominator as well as the Nominee.
1. For the Individual Awards, only accomplishments and/or achievements from the period 01 April 2018 to 30 March 2019 will be considered for this Virtus Awards cycle. Concrete details on achievements and/or accomplishments by the NOMINEE, which highlight creativity and innovation in the following areas will be given weight:
- Retaining target demographics
- Creating new markets
- Delivering enhanced benefits to customers
- Inspiring others through their leadership
- Building mentoring relationships for next generation leaders in the industry
Weights will be distributed as follows:
|Actual Accomplishments and/or Achievements||40|
|Customer Orientation and Business Specific Knowledge||20|
|Team Work and Interpersonal Relationships||20|
|Commitment to Continuing Education||20|
2. For the Corporate Awards, sales and marketing campaigns launched and/or ongoing from 01 April 2018 to 30 March 2019 may be submitted
Weights will be distributed as follows:
|Marketing Objectives and Content||30|
|Creativity and Innovation||30|
|Results/Return on Investment||30|
3. The Virtus Awards 2019 Organizing Committee will screen all nominations and shortlist submissions based on those which best meet the criteria for each award category.
4. The category of each submission may be subject to change during the screening phase. The Virtus Awards 2019 Organizing Committee reserves the right to re-classify an entry to a higher/lower level based on its appreciation of the accomplishment/achievement being cited and the position of the Nominee.
5. All shortlisted Nominees will be submitted for evaluation by a panel of judges. The shortlisted Nominees may be called for an interview where the Nominee will have the chance to further elaborate on his/her performance as well as give the panel of judges the opportunity to validate/clarify points. Date and place of the interview will be announced.
6. Stalwarts of the travel and tourism industry, members of the academe and thought leaders in the fields of advertising, public relations, media and digital marketing will comprise the panel of judges. Each award category will have its own dedicated panel of three judges.
7. Judges will evaluate each entry based on its own merit and success. Scores will then be added cumulatively to arrive at an average score. Each entry will be scored by the three (3) judges secretly.
8. All scores will be computed electronically and verified by officials of the HSMA and representatives from an independent auditing firm. Final scores will not be revealed until the awarding ceremony.
9. Judging of entries will be in September 2019.
Winners will be announced during the black-tie Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner on 14 October 2019 at Conrad Manila. This celebratory event is an excellent opportunity for sales and marketing professionals in the hotels and resorts industry to connect with each other and engage with key stakeholders in the tourism industry.
Ticket prices are as follows:
Early Bird Rate (Until 30 August 2019) : PhP 2,500 per seat
Regular Rate (After 30 August 2019) : PhP 3,000 per seat
Advertise in the Virtus Awards Program Book
Secure your placement by filling up and sending back to us a signed Advertising Contract.
Download Souvenir Program Advertising Contract here.
Early Bird Rate (Until 15 July)
Full-Page, Full Color : PhP40,000.00
Half-Page, Full Color : PhP20,000.00
Regular Rate (After 15 July 2019)
Full-Page, Full Color : PhP45,000.00
Half-Page, Full-Color : PhP25,000.00
Ad Material Specifications
Trim size is 8.5” x 11”, bleed size is 8.75” x 11.25”.
Advertising copy must be “camera-ready art” in PDF or JPG format (minimum 300 DPI resolution, CMYK).
The Advertiser assumes all responsibilities for accuracy of information presented in the advertisement material.
HSMA will not bear any responsibility or liability as a result of erroneous information as provided.
Ad Material Deadline
Please send a soft copy of the ad to email@example.com, Attention: Ms. Bernni Concepcion,
no later than 22 September 2019.
Please deposit payment in any BDO branch with the following bank account details:
Organization of Hotel Sales & Marketing Professionals, Inc.
Current Account No. 00-459801-3322
BDO Boni Ligaya Branch, Boni Ave., Mandaluyong City
Please scan a copy of the deposit slip and send to the aforementioned e-mail address to facilitate tracking of payment.